ANTONIO FRANCOIS, one of two murdered teens who ran away from custody of the Children's Authority last month, will be buried on Saturday.
Speaking briefly with the Newsday on Thursday, Francois' mother Nicole Brathwaite said her son's final rites will take place on Saturday, exactly a week after the funeral of the other murdered teen, Semion Daniel.
Brathwaite said the funeral service will take place at Guide's Funeral Chapel at St Vincent Street at 10 am.
Francois and Daniel, both 15, were shot dead on March 28. Their bodies were found on the roof of an abandoned house in Mc Shine Lands, Laventille, after neighbours reported hearing gunshots.
The two were among five boys who escaped sometime between March 19 and 20 by squeezing through the burglarproofing of a safe house in north Trinidad. Two of the three remaining teens have returned to the care of the Children's Authority and one is still on the run.
Braithwaite said she collected her son's belongings from the authority earlier this week.
Police said the motive for the double killing was gang-related. They believe the boys were in the wrong place at the wrong time and one warring gang opened fire on the teens, mistaking them as being affiliated with another. There is no report that either of the two was involved in gang activity.
The Children's Authority has offered support to the relatives of both murdered teens.