MEMBERS of the Trinidad Union Club took a decision at their annual general meeting in July to dissolve the club, effective from September 30.
The Trinidad Union Club has been in existence for 150 years, since 1870.
It was the premier club of Port of Spain’s business community.
From 1886 until Independence, successive governors of TT had served as presidents of the Club.
However, as businesses moved from down town and as other organizations were formed to represent the business community the club had declined. As such a decision was made to close the club.