Christian Mouttet, chairman of Prestige Holdings Ltd, the local franchise holders of KFC, has cleared the air over a video circulating on social media that showed an Arawak chicken truck making a delivery to a KFC outlet.
Mouttet said the video was not an indication that the fast-food chain was reopening.
Speaking with Newsday on Friday, Mouttet said while the truck was delivering chicken, it was not intended for sale. Instead, the chicken was to be used to make up hampers for Prestige Holdings staff.
He said the decision to provide food hampers for staff was made earlier this week to provide assistance for workers in need.
"Our foundation, the Victor and Sally Mouttet Foundation, was making a contribution. Part of that is $3 million to be used to provide food for the less fortunate. Part of that is that we would provide food hampers to the hourly-paid workers of Prestige Holdings.
"Today we packed 2,700 hampers for our hourly paid workers and those hampers would be collected at some of our stores tomorrow (Saturday). We are also providing fresh, uncooked chicken as part of the hampers. It doesn't mean any phased opening is under way."
Mouttet said he did not know when stay-at-home restrictions would be relaxed.
There has been speculation that the restrictions will be lifted soon. The Prime Minister had said last month that they would be extended to May 15 but would be reviewed on May 10.