N Touch
Tuesday 26 March 2019
follow us
News

Pollonais kidnap accused tries for bail again

Palmiste businesswoman Natalie Pollonais
Palmiste businesswoman Natalie Pollonais

SHAIN STEVEN will try tomorrow yet again to obtain bail before a High Court judge.

He is one of four accused in the September kidnapping of businesswoman Natalie Pollonais, of Palmiste, at C-3 Mall.

Steven has already been refused bail by Justice Gillian Lucky in the San Fernando High Court. He goes before Justice Lisa Ramsumair-Hinds based on an application attorneys filed on his behalf last week.

The main ground is that the prison is not providing Steven, 37, with drugs to manage his diabetic condition.

When the matter came up for hearing last Thursday, Ramsumair-Hinds asked for medical personnel from the Maximum Security Prison to attend court. The ground of the new bail application, filed by attorney Indira Binda, said Steven suffers from Type II diabetes ,which he is unable to manage owing to the irregular periods when he gets medication.

"I'm informed that his sugar levels have been increasing due to poor management at prison, though he has been staying at the prison's infirmary," the attorney said.

Two other accused, PCs Ian Dwarika and Shaundelle Euin, have been granted bail. The fourth accused, Gregory James, of La Brea, was refused.

Steven is a self-proclaimed contractor of Lothians Road, Princes Town. Attorney Annalee Girwar will argue the case for Steven, instructed by Binda.

Physician Dr Claude Khan will also be present, as well as the prison doctor, for questioning by the judge.

Today's Most Popular
Comments

Reply to "Pollonais kidnap accused tries for bail again"

News