THE EDITOR: Here are my top ten wishes from my New Year wish list:
1. I wish Jack Warner would come to the realisation that Basdeo Panday should rest in peace, politically of course.
2. I wish that newspapers would stop promoting one-man “groups” with no structure, constitution or members, even of their families.
3. I wish the PTSC would understand its role and have the buses run as scheduled, as well as provide hand rails for the elderly at City Gate.
4. I wish that our national cricketers will brave the hot sun and win something for the people of TT. I also wish they stop bepping on themselves.
5. I wish Cricket West Indies replaces the selectors and stops selecting promising cricketers who can’t fulfil their promise.
6. I wish Watson Duke completes the famous swim to Tobago. I also wish he outruns the Galleon’s Passage in a pirogue. I wish in 2019 he continues to provide us with more comic relief.
7. I wish the national men’s football team wins a match convincingly. I wish it beat Wales.
8. I wish at the Chaguaramas Development Authority sees the need to open up a proper pathway to Chagville beach.
9. I wish that adults would stop sending children with a donation list to beg for money. Commissioner “Super Gary” Griffith should outlaw this practice.
10. I wish that all I have outlined here is not wishful thinking.
KEITH ANDERSON, Port of Spain