Education Minister Anthony Garcia has directed that a circular to primary-school principals on application for admission to public primary schools should be withdrawn until further notice.
The circular (Circular 1 of 2018), dated January 10, was issued by the office of the Chief Education Officer.
Attached to it was a form titled, “Application for admission into public primary schools.”
A release quoted Garcia as saying he was unaware this form had been issued and as a result has requested its recall.
A January 18 Ministry of Education release had said that “all registration was to be immediately halted pending the completion of a standardisation process.”
Meanwhile, the ministry said, a meeting with denominational boards has been scheduled at the ministry in Port of Spain for today, when the subject will be discussed.