N Touch
Tuesday 17 July 2018
follow us
News

Fire interrupts PNM Convention

The feature address of Planning and Development Minister Camille Robinson-Regis, was cut short yesterday as a power generator located behind the platform on which she was speaking became overheated and caught fire at the PNM Convention, Grand Stand, Queen’s Park Savannah.

The incident took place ten minutes into the Robinson-Regis’ speech on government’s Vision 2030 plans and status report, when a loud explosion could be heard from behind the stage.

Shortly after a cloud of smoke appeared before flames could be seen on the top of the generator. However, fire officers positioned behind the stage responded and extinguished the blaze.

Sources confirmed that the issue arose when the generator became overheated as it was left exposed to the sun for too long.

Comments

Reply to "Fire interrupts PNM Convention"

News