N Touch
Saturday 22 September 2018
follow us

Teen raped, thrown over precipice

UPDATED 9/10, 2:44 pm

A 27-year-old D'Abadie man has been detained by officers of the Maloney Police Station in connection with abducting, sexually assaulting and then throwing over a precipice the 18-year-old Piarco teenager.

The suspect was being questioned up until late last night, and his accomplice, a woman in her 20s is also expected to be detained shortly.

Stay with Newsday for more information as it becomes available, and read all the details in tomorrow's paper.


The hunt is on for a man and woman who abducted, raped and then threw an 18-year-old woman over a precipice, leaving her for dead, last week.

The teen who is from North Trinidad left her home at 4.30 pm last Wednesday and travelled to Red Hill, D’Abadie. On reaching close to a supermarket, the victim was accosted by a man known to her who ordered her into the back seat of a vehicle occupied by a woman who sat in the front passenger seat.

The teenager said she was driven to Las Lomas where she was choked by the man. He and the woman took turns sexually assaulting the teenager who was then driven to the Heights of Aripo and under the cover of darkness, was raped a second time. The bleeding teen was then thrown over a precipice, landing 15 feet below.

There she stayed for several minutes, too afraid to climb out, thinking her attackers might still be around. About an hour later, the teen climbed out of the precipice, made her way to the road and flagged down a motorist who took her to the Arima Police Station. The teen was taken to the district health centre and warded. She was released the following day. Investigations are continuing.

In an unrelated incident, a 27-year-old woman of East Trinidad reported to police that at about 2.30 pm on Wednesday last, she left home to pick up her two children at their school in Santa Rosa. The victim claimed that on nearing the school, a silver-coloured van drove alongside her and the children’s father, who is estranged from her, grabbed and pulled her into the vehicle.

The man then picked up his children from the school. He then drove the children and their mother to the his home in Wallerfield where in the children’s presence, he raped the woman. The suspect then fled the scene and has not returned to his home since.

The woman later made a report to police and was medically examined. She and her children will receive counselling from the Police Victims Support Unit. No arrest has been made.

Today's Most Popular

Reply to "Teen raped, thrown over precipice"