Run buses half full from Port-of-Spain
Tuesday, August 7 2012
THE EDITOR: This is an open letter to the Public Transport Service Corp-
I am obligated to make a formal complaint about the inefficient service being run by your corporation. I am not a regular commuter and maybe that is why your service inefficiencies stood out for me more than the regular commuters since this is what they have grown accustomed to. I must make points of a couple of issues that is affecting commuters along the Barataria to Curepe areas.
1. All buses leave PoS full, this does not leave any alternative for those along the route but to stand or wait on another bus.
2. The other buses are also full.
3. All Coach leaves PoS full.
4. Buses not running on schedule as before and wait is exhausting, sometimes over an hour and not one bus for a particular destination passes.
5. The unfairness of commuters to have to spend extra money to taxi into PoS to ensure getting on a bus and being able to be seated.
6.The buses are not being maintained and/or serviced regularly.
7. Drivers must be able to accommodate pensioners; at times the all stop will state that the bus will not be stopping in Chaguanas.
8. I overheard some commuters saying they were going to Curepe and will get a bus quicker there, this equates to extra monies being spent once again…
May I suggest that buses start leaving on scheduled time with sufficient room for other commuters along the route to be able to get a seat or some buses leave PoS half full.
As a citizen I feel that commuters deserve more from the service you provide.
They deserve being able to access transport at earliest to get home after a long day at work. I really hope that my constructive comments and my one main suggestion do not fall on deaf ears.