Hike to Cyril Bay
Friday, August 3 2012
The team at Hikers Inc will lead an expedition this Sunday (August 5) to Cyril Bay.
Bring along your snorkelling gear for lovely underwater views of tropical fish as you take a dip or a swim.
The four to five hour hike is rated moderate/moderately challenging. Meeting point is at Nicholas Towers, Brian Lara Promenade, Port-of-Spain.
For information, call Joey-748-5178; Mike - 681-8079; Navin- 345-0524; Roger- 385-4738 or Sindy - 727-8815.
Safety Tips :
1. Avoid wearing jewelry while hiking.
Earrings, bracelets and necklaces may become entangled in bushes or branches and this could prove painful.
2. Avoid wearing perfumes and colognes as these may attract the attention of unwanted insects.
3. Please ensure your shoes have good grips.
4. While walking, try to keep both hands free of items eg water bottles, cameras etc especially when negotiating slippery, uneven trails crossing streams or walking in rivers.
5. Please avoid consuming alcohol before and of course during a hike since this will impair your motor skills and lead to unnecessary slips and falls and possibly injury. Also refrain from smoking since your joy may be someone else's sorrow and because of the risk of bush fire.
6. Avoid wearing of jeans as they may restrict mobility particularly when wet. Track pants – nylon material – is preferred.
7. Persons who suffer with asthma or other medical conditions are encouraged to walk with their medication and to inform a hike leader before the hike commences.
8. If you must wear short pants please ensure that your socks extend beyond your ankles and cover as much of your leg under the knee. This is for protection from scrapes by bushes or insect bites. Ankle socks offer very limited protection.
9. Please walk with a change of clothes which should include dry shoes, sandals or slippers for after the hike. These you should leave in a vehicle.