Just In
La Brea murder suspect held in Valencia Mitchell: Squatters out Clifton Towers Solomon: Focus on violence against women Help change concept of development Ministry to probe Tranquility fight
follow us
N Touch
Sunday 18 March 2018
Crime and Court

Boy, 15, sent to YTC for stealing


A Magistrate yesterday removed a 15-year-old boy from the custody and care of his parents and placed him at the Youth Training Centre (YTC).

The boy will spend the next two weeks there and it is the hope of San Fernando magistrate Alicia Chankar that he will undergo rehabilitation in a controlled environment. He is to return to court on September 12.

The boy, from Gasparillo, was taken to court having been arrested on Sunday and charged with larceny from a dwelling house.

It was the second time he was before a magistrate for larceny - the first being in February last year.

He again pleaded guilty.

Prosecutor PC Cleyon Seedan, told the magistrate that at about 5.30 am on Sunday, police from the Gasparillo station, responding to a report, saw the boy walking out from a house.

He was arrested and in his possession were clothing, a pair cuff-links, a gold chain and a gold watch.

They items were valued at $2,500.

When questioned about why he stole the items, the boy replied, “I was acting on orders from someone.”

The boy, Seedan said, had been placed on a bond to keep the peace and be of good behaviour for six months when he was first arrested and charged in February last year.


Reply to this story

Crime and Court